High Profile H.264 Compression
All Cube encoders utilize high profile H.264 compression. You can stream 1080p HD video at up to 5mbps over WiFi or 10mbps over Ethernet.
HD-SDI or HDMI
Cube encoders and decoders come in HD-SDI or HDMI varieties. The Cube 500 encoder series is standard definition and comes with a BNC connector.
Dual Band a/b/g/n MIMO WiFi
The new MIMO access point feature improves wireless performance and enables special features such as wireless camera control for devices without a WiFi capability built-in and improved connectivity with 802.11 enabled devices such as iPads and iPhones. This access point feature also enables Master Mode, which provides a direct connection between your Teradek device and an 802.11 device over the 5.8 GHz band.
Cube’s new OLED display enables users to rapidly change and review the settings of their unit in addition to providing real-time feedback for filenames, recording status, and wireless connectivity. No longer are computers or iPads needed for configuration; every feature is a simple click away.
Cube’s built-in Li-Ion battery will give users up to 1.5 hours of runtime, which allows for seamless external battery swapping or quick broadcasts. The battery can also be charged from an AC adapter, USB cable, or by a suitable battery such as an Anton Bauer.
Cube now comes with a headphone output for immediate audio monitoring.
Analog Audio Input
Should you decide not to send embedded audio over HD-SDI or HDMI, every Cube comes with an analog audio input.
The micro SD slot enables Cube to save on-board proxy recordings in real time.
Cube’s micro USB port charges the internal Li-Ion battery.
Cube's USB port can be used with a 3G/4G USB modem for streaming over cellular networks.
Universal 1/4"-20 Mount
The 1/4"-20 mount allows any Cube to be fixed to a cheese plate or hot shoe.
All Cube encoders and decoders utilize LEMO captive power connectors so you never have to worry about the plug being pulled in the middle of a broadcast.
TeraCentral is a free application that enables iPads, iPhones, and other devices to discover, configure, and play video from Teradek encoders. TeraCentral also helps you take advantage of your live video by allowing you to zoom in/out, take snapshots, save custom RTSP URL streams, and auto-play your last viewed feed when you launch the application.
- HD-SDI, SD-SDI: BNC or HDMI (depending on Cube Model)
- 1080i 50/59.94/60
- 1080p 23.98/24/25/30
- 1080PsF 23.98/24/25
- 720p 50/59.94/60
- 576p (HDMI) / 576i (HD-SDI)
- 480p (HDMI) / 480i (HD-SDI)
- Compression Algorithm: Baseline, Main and High Profile H.264
- Main and Baseline profiles
- Bit Rate: 250 Kbps to 10 Mbps
- Built in Video Scaler and Deinterlacer
VIDEO STREAMING SUPPORT
- Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, NTP, SSL, IGMP
- Transport Protocols: RTP, RTSP, RTP over HTTP, MPEG-TS**
- RTMP (Adobe Flash Streaming)
- HTTP Live Streaming
- Point to Point (TCP or UDP), Multiple Unicast (UDP), or Multicast (UDP+IGMP)**
- Audio Compression: AAC-LC, MPEG Layer 2
- Embedded Audio Input
- Analog Line or Mic in, adjustable gain
- Headphone output, adjustable volume
- Dimensions: 2.5"W x 3.5"D x .9"H
- Weight: 8oz
- Feature-rich WebUI for configuration and control
- OLED LCD Display with joystick Navigation buttons
- On/Off and Reset Switch
- Micro SD
- Powered USB 2.0 host port
- Ethernet: 10/100BASE-T
- WiFi: Dual Band 802.11 a/b/g/n MiMO
- USB Modem support**
- 2 Pin Lemo Power input
- Internal Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery
- USB Charging
- Nominal Power Consumption: 3W
- Nominal Power Consumption while Charging : up to 10W
- Auxiliary Power Input: 6-28V DC